Monday, May 16, 2011

Sarovaram – an example - how to ruin a beautiful place


Sarovaram
Sarovaram bio park- (was) a fine-looking situate in Calicut city other than Mananchira square, to visit and spend your evenings, whenever I visit Calicut I loved to visit and enjoy the splendor of this  quite place within the tiring city. 
a poetic one?


There was a canal flowing at a snail's pace through the side of the park, there were attractive and comfortable benches to take the weight off your feet and enjoy the evening. More of all it was neat and guarded by security staff with out encroaching in to our privacy. All this I praised above was the anecdote of this commons before 2 years….

The Black canal
Last month I happened to visit this place again on the reminiscence of the earlier harmonious visit, from the point of entry a Shhhhh….Shhhhh hum sidetracked my attention towards a corroded metal net cage where a head was popping out and shown some gestures to come near….I searched there for a notice board or rate displayed sign and there were nothing around, matches that variety.
Dirt frozen canal
I reached the cage, owner of that popped out head  forwarded two slips of Rs 10 each, to me (we where two) I wondered there was no entry fee when I visited there before. Naturally a doubt came to my mind about the camera, I took the camera out of my bag and took a snap of the black canal which was standing still now due to the dumping of waste, and again I heard the Shhhhh….Shhhhh noise from the historic metal cage which was not seen paint in the recent past, another slip of 25 rupees was forwarded to me for using camera inside the park.
Sit at your own risk
As we proceeded further inside the square, the picture of that beautiful park which I visited 2 years back started gradually fading out . All most all the benches was in such a state that it must carry a "sit at your own risk" board on it, and the black, dirt frozen canal which was flowing gradually in my last visit must be the factory of mosquitoes for whole Calicut city. 
I have been observed my wife using the hunter bat for mosquito destroy at home, as she uses the bat in Calicut the sound mimics that of a special item of fire works during Thrissur Pooram. That many mosquitoes will be there in a single room and when these kind of production house is there at the heart of city itself, there is no more reason we need to find out for this excessive density of such insects.
Building under construction
After 30 minutes we decided to come back to home as there is nothing to enjoy the evening there at Sarovaram, apart from some on going construction buildings and for that we need to pay 10 rupees per head. A lake with boating is there, but it will attract extra charge for boating.
 It was well maintained when the entry kept free to all but when they introduced the entry fee it should be more attractive, hygienic and must give the value for money, which is the responsibility of the corporation if they want to extract money from people for visiting this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger